SJND At a Glance
LOCATION: Alameda, Calif., known as the "The Island City". Located less than 20 miles from San Francisco and just minutes from Downtown Oakland.
• Students: 455
• Ethnicity: African-American 11%, Asian 10%, Euro-American 23%, Filipino 9.5%, Latino 19%, Native American .5%, Multiracial/Other 27%
DIVERSITY: SJND was ranked the #2 most diverse private high school in the San Francisco Bay Area and the #6 most diverse private high school in the nation in 2018.
- Student to faculty ratio: 14:1
- Average class size: 20
FINANCES AND FINANCIAL AID
- Tuition (2018-19): $18,140 (more info)
- Students receiving financial aid and scholarships: More than 50%
- Four year, project-based Biomedical Sciences Program featuring STEM curricula and applied research
- New offerings including French 2 (and Honors French 2), Ethnic Studies, Music Appreciation, Conceptual Physics and Creative Writing
- Languages: Mandarin, Spanish, French
- A Bay Area Marine Ecology course which extends learning to the beaches of Alameda, located in our own backyard
- Academic Immersion Trips: Thailand, Greece and Italy, the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador
- Award-winning music, theater, literary, and visual arts programs
- AP and Honors courses: 39
- Sports: 29 teams, 10+ teams go to league playoffs annually, 14 state championship titles including five in Men’s Basketball
- 99% of the Class of 2018 will attend a distinguished public or private college/university.
- Class of 2018 was offered a total of $6.9 million in college scholarships
- See full college success info
SCHOOL ACCREDITATION, AFFILIATION
- Accreditation: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA)
- Affiliations: National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA), Catholic School of the Diocese of Oakland, approved by the State of California Department of Education